The impregnation process is carried out by using autoclave, where chemicals are impregnated into timber using vacuum and pressure:
- Timber will be taken into autoclave and primary vacum is established. Timber cells will be purged of air and vacum will be stored;
- Autoclave is filled with timber preservative;
- Pressure is used to compress protective chemicals into timber cells;
- Autoclave is emptied and cleaned from timber protective chemicals;
- With final vacuuming process, excess preservative dilution will be removed, and is pumped back to reserve tank;
- Palivere impregnation autoclave is able to fit materials up to 20m in length, the inside diameter of the autoclave is 2,6m.